Structural Engineer, EIT -Full Time
Reeve & Associate has an immediate opening for a full-time structural EIT or engineering student set to graduate by spring 2016. The position is based in Ogden, Utah. The individual will work closely with the firm’s engineering manager, assisting with the preparation of plans and specifications for both new building design and the renovation and expansion of existing buildings. Looking for individuals to work in a great environment where you can learn BIM and teamwork with other industry professionals. Salary is negotiable based upon qualifications.
- Design structures composed of the four main construction types: wood, concrete, masonry and steel
- Use IBC, ASCE 7, ACI, and other applicable building code
- Working with the Structural Engineering team in various BIM projects
- Design structural components and produce structural drawings/details
- Work collaboratively with other team members as well as with clients within the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry
- Proficient in Autocad, BIM & Teamwork. Use software such as ArchiCAD and Revit to produce construction documents.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Has, or will obtain degree in engineering by spring 2016, a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in structural course work- including the fundamentals of building design: steel, concrete, masonry, and wood.
- Past design experience in structures or construction a plus
- Proficient in AutoCAD/ArchiCAD/Revit
- Software/computer aptitude a plus
- Knowledge of structural software including Enercalc, RISA 3D and Microsoft products
Please submit cover letter and resume noting any of the following key job requirements to:
Christy Nelson Kennedy